Focus and Scope
Sapiens Journal of Applied Linguistics is a peer-reviewed academic journal publishing articles which focus on the following subject areas:
- Assessment and Language Learning
- English as a Foreign Language
- English as a Second Language
- Language Teaching philosophy
- Language Teaching Theories
- Language Teaching Strategies
- Learning Styles and Language Learning
- Listening Skill
- Reading Skill
- Speaking Proficiency
- Vocabulary Teaching and Learning
- Writing Skill
The journal is published quarterly on January, April, July, and September.
Peer Review Process
Responsibility of the Reviewers
Although the originality of the manuscripts is checked by the editorial team using turnitin software, the reviewers are requested to report any cases of non-original content in the manuscripts they review. Also, the reviewers are requested to read the sections on the submission Guidelines and Journal Policy to ensure the authors have considered the required obligations to author their manuscripts. This can result in a more critical and effective evaluation by the reviewers. Briefly explained, the reviewers are requested to:
provide criticism as support:
I am interested in seeing more variety in your manuscript. (Criticism as support)
The topic was not interesting. (Criticism as attack)
I believe you can improve the quality of your paper by editing it. (Criticism as support)
You have not spent adequate time for this article. (Criticism as attack)
- Stress the positive: The reviewers should mention the positive aspects of the manuscript in their report prior to discussing the shortcomings.
- Be Specific: the reviewers are requested to avoid making general notes such as "the paper was interesting" and clearly highlight each and every point in the manuscript.
- Avoid Biases: The reviewers are requested to be objective and avoid judging from the view point of a detached critic.
- Be constructive: The reviewers should provide the authors with insight to enhance their work, even if they manuscript is rejected.
More information about effective review can be obtained from DeVito (2012, pp. 373-4).
Joseph DeVito (2012) Human Communication:
The Basic Course Editorial Responsibilities Editors make the final decision on whether or not a manuscript can be accepted for publication. This decision will be made without any conflicts of interest and is based on certain criteria and mentioned in the Authors guideline. This decision is objective and confidential.
Abstracting and Indexing
Open Access Library
The Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek EZB
The MLA International Bibliography
Article Processing Charges
SJA has a publication fee of 120 USD. The publication fee should be paid by the authors after the manuscript is found to be suitable by the editor-in-chief and before it is sent to the reviewers. In case the manuscript is finally rejected by the reviewers, the publication fee will be refunded completely. The publication fee will cover charges related to processing the manuscript for publication and making it online in valid online databases as well as SJA website.
To encourage the authors to prepare high-quality manuscripts, SJA offers 50% waiver to the manuscripts that are "accepted as it is" by the reviewers.